Wednesday 15 March 2017

Easter Card





A colorful Easter card! I was looking forward to trying out the new Altenew artist markers.  I don't own Copic markers so I was very excited for the chance to get a set of alcohol markers that would be of similar quality for less.  It was all very timely because I had received my Simon Says Stamp March 2017 kit.  So I stamped the cute bunny from the SSS Some Bunny stamp set and the Easter eggs onto some Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock with Memento ink and colored the images with my awesome Altenew artist markers.  For the background I cut a piece of Canson XL cold press watercolor paper with the largest of my SSS stitched rectangular dies.  I used the Gansai Tambi watercolors to make a tall grass background and floor, this was inspired by a background Kristina Werner made for a bunny card recently.  I am not much for free-hand painting but this was simple enough to do.  
I cut the bunny and eggs by hand and attached them to the background with foam tape and glue respectively.  
I created a banner from a scrap of Neenah Solar white cardstock and stamped Happy Easter on it, this one I attached to the card with foam tape.  To finish off the decoration, I added some green Doodlebug Sprinkles.

2 comments:

  1. hello! super cute card, luv the adorable bunny and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to have a chance to show off the work :)

      Delete